Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Fw: Business entrance/exit issue for ADA Transportation



Henry McClure
785.383.9994 

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Get Outlook for Android

From: Valley Park <valleyparkniatopeka@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 16 September 2026 21:16:32
To: Zaynah Afada <zafada@topeka.org>; Braxton Copley <bcopley@topeka.org>; Spencer Duncan <sduncan@topeka.org>
Cc: City Manager <citymanager@topeka.org>
Subject: Business entrance/exit issue for ADA Transportation
 
Hi Spencer, Braxton, and Zaynah,  

It sounded like we lost the whole underbelly of our ADA modified van the last time we left the Tuptim Thai restaurant due the slope of the entrance/exit not being what it should be! This issue, I predict, is an engineering matter since city street projects often include replacements of business and residential entrances/exits. 

I am not sure a warning sign would help as the parking lot can be a little congestive during certain times of the day and traffic on 29th ST can be rather busy too. A driver doesn't know the slope issue is a problem, until it is too late. How would Visit Topeka address the issue to support this local eatery when marking to those relying on ADA transportation? 

I am not sure who is chairing the ADA Advisory Council nor who the appropriate person is to address the entrance/exit off of 29th ST to the Tuptim Thai restaurant located in front of their building and closest to the handicap parking. I wanted to make sure that this issue gets on someone's priority to-do list to address accessibility within the City of Topeka.

I would appreciate a response as to a resolution to this matter. Thanks for your consideration. 

Susan W. McClacherty
2021-2022, 2024-2025 Citizen Advisory Council Chair

No comments: