Sunday, August 16, 2026

KORA

KORA Request
To: Shawnee County Clerk From: Henry McClure Date: August 16, 2026 Re: Kansas Open Records Act Request – Contract for County Attorney Rich Eckert
Dear Shawnee County Clerk:
Pursuant to the Kansas Open Records Act (K.S.A. 45-215 et seq.), I hereby request a copy of the employment contract (or any similar agreement, including any amendments, addenda, or codicils) between Shawnee County and County Attorney Rich Eckert.
I am primarily interested in the terms and conditions of the contract, including any codicils, provisions governing duties, term of office/employment, termination, renewal, performance standards, conflict-of-interest rules, and other non-economic clauses. If the County believes any economic or compensation-related information is exempt from disclosure, I have no objection to redaction of those specific items so long as the remaining terms, conditions, and codicils are produced in full.
Please provide the records in electronic format (PDF preferred) if available. If the records cannot be produced electronically, hard copies are acceptable.
If any portion of this request is denied, please cite the specific statutory exemption(s) relied upon and provide the non-exempt portions. If the cost of production will exceed $25, please notify me in advance of the estimated cost.
Thank you for your attention to this request. I look forward to your response within the time frames required by the Kansas Open Records Act.
Sincerely,
Henry McClure Topeka, Kansas mcre13@gmail.com 785-383-9994

No comments: